Well, kinda big news kinda not. But it feels big to us 🙂 This is hopefully where we’re going to live in a few years time!
We won’t be looking for about 18 months, but we’re excited 😊
There are lots of reasons for this move:
1. This place is amazingly wheelchair accessible – wide curbs, dips, ramps etc 😍
2. It has 8 GP surgeries (where we live now there’s two; 1 isn’t wheelchair accessible, both are atrocious – my surgery has a 2-3 week wait for *emergency* appts)
3. The local hospital is really good (it’s where I saw my only neurologist & we travelled that far due to the short wait). There are shorter wait lists, specialists that aren’t available here, really good patient ratings, & official reports are much better than the local hospital
4. Rent is £100-150 cheaper a month than here 😜
5. We could move into a ground floor flat (currently there are half a dozen steps into our house) & wouldn’t have to worry about adaptations to the property
6. Our current area is very wheelchair inaccessible, which means every trip out involves bumps/bangs which is very bad for my neck!
7. This new place has everything we’d need in close proximity, with no need for travel – huge 24hr supermarket (😍), all shops, vets, cinema, places to eat, takeaways etc. Sounds silly, but we have to travel for any activities here, which is painful for me & an additional expense. We can’t even get taxis!
So, it’s hugely positive!
The reason we’re waiting so long is so we can try sort out everything that’s currently ongoing 😥
I can get my private scans & we’ll still have a year or so to rebuild funds. I can get my CCI diagnosis. We can wrap up all the loose ends in the NHS (rheumatology, ME, neurology). We can sort out PIP. We also need to gather evidence for the council to allow us to leave this property (we’re supposed to stay 5yrs after mods, but we had no idea of CCI at the time), so the more evidence we have the better.
Anyway it was a really exciting day for us 🙂
We planned for a future I very much might not have, but it’s left us so happy & looking forward with hope! ❤️